Port-vax archive

Re: Native build...

Anders Magnusson skrev:
Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:58:14PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
I also noted that ssh/scp clients corrupt received data, or maybe they
receive corrupted data.
I wonder if this is specific to ssh or the network interface...

Does it happen if you scp via localhost, and/or can you trigger it by using nfs over tcp or just downloading via http?
I didn't try that. I have seen corruption when using cvs (suspecting cvs
at first), and then when copying a kernel through scp. I worked around
this by running scp on another machine, so it seems like sshd is not

The situation where cvs get corrupted data has been there since the beginning,
and I haven't managed to find exactly what triggers that bug even though I've
spent weeks hunting it the last 14 years.  I'll buy a beer to whoever manage to
find it :-)

I didn't even know about that one, and as far as I know, I've never seen it

However, I can now report that NetBSD/vax do hang totally after a while, when building natively.

My 4000/90 now sits in ddb, and I can't even understand why. Anyone wants me to check anything?

For now, we can regard NetBSD/vax as non-functional, I think. :-(