Re: Native build...

Anders Magnusson skrev:
Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:58:14PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
I also noted that ssh/scp clients corrupt received data, or maybe they
receive corrupted data.
I wonder if this is specific to ssh or the network interface...

Does it happen if you scp via localhost, and/or can you trigger it by using nfs over tcp or just downloading via http?
I didn't try that. I have seen corruption when using cvs (suspecting cvs
at first), and then when copying a kernel through scp. I worked around
this by running scp on another machine, so it seems like sshd is not
affected.

The situation where cvs get corrupted data has been there since the beginning,
and I haven't managed to find exactly what triggers that bug even though I've
spent weeks hunting it the last 14 years.  I'll buy a beer to whoever manage to
find it :-)

I didn't even know about that one, and as far as I know, I've never seen it
myself.

However, I can now report that NetBSD/vax do hang totally after a while, when building natively.

My 4000/90 now sits in ddb, and I can't even understand why. Anyone wants me to check anything?

For now, we can regard NetBSD/vax as non-functional, I think. :-(

        Johnny