Re: vax port status

On Nov 11, 2008, at 9:17 PM, Alan Perry wrote:
I'm running 4.99.73 on one of my VAXstation 4000/60s, and it has been compiling non-stop, running Apache, BIND 9.5, and other things, with no problems at all.

I have to agree. I have not found any problems so far in cross compiling and then installing the base -current system. I have begun to install packages with no trouble so far.

I obtained a VAX-11/750 last week. Perhaps I will give it a shot on that. :)
If you wanna do that, you should, at least, be kind enough to transport it to a cooler climate so someone's house can benefit from all of the heat that it would generate!

*snicker* I just moved it to home from Indiana, along with a Sun E10K and two Sun Fire 6800s. The latter machines are for work, though.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL