Re: NetBSD/vax kernel seems stable now

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 19:16:10 +0100
Hans Rosenfeld <rosenfeld%grumpf.hope-2000.org@localhost> wrote:

> I don't quite get the relationship between the S3 switch and autoboot
> vs halt, but then there is no S3 switch on KA53 (and similar) systems,
> as they weren't VAXstations. Or at least thats what I remember, I
> can't check right now.
There is a litle switch on the back of my MV3100-95 / KA51-A. So is on
the MV3100-80. On the -80 it switched between autoboot and halt on power
on. It also switched the console on the -80. On the KA51-A this switch
disables serial break. I can't check the -80, I soled the -80 machine to
a VAX enthusiast last year.

There is a NetBSD 1.6R on my -95 and 1.6R has no console switching
problem. I have some exams next week so I have no time to dig into this.
I'll try to do some tests in about a week. If it gos OK I'll commit your
patch.

If there are other people willing to help: Please test the patch
mentioned in
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/2007/07/29/0000.html
Even if your machine is not of type KA5x. It is important that the patch
does not influence other machines. Possibly the case statement needs to
be split in separate paths for KA49 (VAXstation 4000-90) and KA5x.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen