Subject: Re: New to NetBSD/Vax, trying to bring up a MVII
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@yahoo.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/16/2007 05:14:28
> > The last time I installed a MicroVAX II from tape
> > was with NetBSD 1.4.3.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-archive/NetBSD-1.4.3/vax/installation/bootfs

I tried this in the little bit of time I had last
night. It works! I was able to write the tape from the
Linux box, move it to the Vax, and boot using 'b
mua0'. It takes a _really_ long time to boot (how many
times does it need to read the tape, anyway?), but it
boots and executes the installer. It's alive :).

So, the question is - is it possible to regenerate the
3.1 bootfs somehow to include driver support for a
TK50, or has something major changed that prevents
this from working?

-Ian