Subject: Re: Another problem...
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/2007 12:12:24
--------------000300090407090607030101

Michael L. Hitch wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
>> Hmm. Just checked the log, and Matt committed something yesterday...
>> Maybe I was using an old version...? I'll do some more testing.
>
>   I think I can say that wasn't it.  If I mount an nfs filesystem with
> -r 2048 -w 2048 -I 2048, it gets NULLs in the file.  If I mount with the
> default sizes (8192), it works fine.

Yep. Same problem still here as well.
Interesting enough, looking at the resulting file, every other 4K gets
clobbered. Now, the VAX uses a 4K page size these days.
So it's every other page that gets bad. I wonder if there is something
that is assuming 8K of something in NFS underneath?

It would be very interesting to try this on some other architecture to
see if the problem exists there as well. Preferrably some architecture
with a page size of less than 8K.

This might not be VAX specific...

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip