Subject: Re: Another problem...
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/14/2007 22:37:24
--------------030005030300070209070802

Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Okay. Tried it some more today, and as I suspected it does follow a
> pattern.
>
> My "easy" test, which others surely could do as well:
> (on the VAX)
>
>  > cd /sys/arch/vax/vax
>  > rm pmap.c
>  > cvs upd pmap.c
>
> All on the vax, and the file system is nfs-mounted from another machine.
> Looking at the resulting checked out file on the VAX, data at address
> 0x1000-0x1fff, 0x3000-0x3fff, 0x5000-0x5fff, 0x7000-0x7fff and
> 0x9000-0x9fff are just NULs. The other parts of the file is just fine.
> And the file really contains those NULs, as I can check the file on the
> machine that is exporting the file system as well.)
>
> This is both annoying, weird, and rather problematic for me. Can anyone
> else try the same thing (exactly) as I have, to see if they can repeat it?

And to reply to myself. Tried a generic kernel, and didn't have the
problem. The difference to my own kernel are the following three lines.

options         NFS_WSIZE=2048
options         NFS_RSIZE=2048
options         NFS_READDIRSIZE=2048

Anyone know of problems related to this?

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books

--------------030005030300070209070802