Subject: Another problem...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/14/2007 14:11:32
--------------070409070902030206010608

I had forgotten about another problem that I have observed.
At the moment the system runs, and things are looking pretty good.

We still have the problem with gcc with any optimization causing a crash.

Another problem I have is that if I run programs that create output to a
file, some way into that file, sections of data are just NUL characters,
which they shouldn't be.
I haven't really looked any more into this, like at what position this
happens, or if any other conclusions can be drawn from any
circumstances. I'm just wondering if anyone else have seen this?
I was reminded of it today when I thought I'd try to build gcc natively
on the VAX, by passing an empty string as CFLAGS, so that gcc would have
been built without any optimizations. That should be interesting, I
thought. However, the build stops before doing any real work. autoconf
is running through for libiberty, and when it's about time to build, the
config.result file is read in for parsing, and then it crashes. Looking
in the config.result file shows sections of NUL characters some way in.

So. Anyone else seen something like this?

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books

--------------070409070902030206010608