Subject: Re: Shared libraries re-enabled for VAX
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/08/2007 15:09:46
--------------070401070206040901020206

Johnny Billquist wrote:
> So let's go back to the other problems we have.
>
> 1) Running gcc natively don't work. The result is:
> Gnat:bqt/src> gcc -o hello hello.c
> /var/tmp//ccT5yaE4.s: Assembler messages:
> /var/tmp//ccT5yaE4.s:12: Warning: Symbol used as immediate operand in
> PIC mode.
> /var/tmp//ccT5yaE4.s:13: Fatal error: Junk at end of expression "LC0"
>
> This from a simple hello world program. Anyone should be able to
> reproduce this.

Hmm. I see that Matt's been busy doing more work. I've just started a
new rebuild after checking out the latest version. So perhaps this might
be fixed?

> 2) Matt, have you looked at why the built-in finite() in gcc always
> expands to false for the VAX? (This is the reason top and so on gives
> illegal instruction).

Looking at the commits to gcc in the last few days, this really looks
like it has been fixed. I'll report after the rebuild if it indeed is.

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books

--------------070401070206040901020206