Subject: Re: Shared libraries re-enabled for VAX
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/03/2007 10:56:01
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Also, probably very unrelated. A kernel as built today is not useable. It
> goes up to about 100% system time as soon as I copy anything from an NFS
> mounted disk to a local disk on my VAX.
> This is 4.99.16. I have an older build (4.99.15) where this don't happen, so
> something changed recently. But like I said, I don't think that is related to
> GCC.

   I think this is related to mutex_spin_{enter,exit), which I am looking
at.  I think it also causes the le0 device to not be detected on my
4000/VLC, and probably on the 3100 mentioned in an earlier port-vax
message.

   A work-around may be to build a kernel with LOCKDEBUG.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant