Subject: Re: le broken in -current on VS3100
To: Henry R. Bent <Henry.Bent@oberlin.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/01/2007 00:24:49
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Henry R. Bent wrote:

> Upon booting -current on my VT1300 (VS3100m30) it seems that le has stopped
> working.  I should be seeing
>
> le0 at vsbus0 csr 0x200e0000 vec 120 ipl 14 maskbit 5 buf 0x311000-0x320fff
> le0: address 08:00:2b:xx:xx:xx
> le0: 32 receive buffers, 8 transmit buffers
>
> and still do if I boot 2.1, but in -current I now see
>
> le0 at vsbus0 csr 0x200e0000 didn't interrupt
>
> Any ideas?

   I'm seeing the same thing with le0 on a 4000/VLC with -current from a
few hours ago.

   I had built a kernel with sources from around March 10 or 12 that was
working.  I had thought maybe the gcc changes for shared libraries might
have caused it, but it may have been from some earlier change if my
problem is the same thing as yours.  I haven't been able to spot any
changes that might cause this though.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant