Subject: Netboot fails on microvax 3100/95
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: George Harvey <fr30@dial.pipex.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/22/2007 21:54:23
Hi,

I'm trying to netboot a 3100/95 (KA51-A). All the network bits seem to
be working, I can load the boot loader and the kernel, but the system
halts after the kernel is loaded. What I see on the console is:

> boot netbsd
SGEC: Ethernet address 08:00:2b:94:49:8b
2556872+73840=0x2826c4

?06 HLT INST
        PC = 800C00DD

The above was with a 4.0BETA2 kernel but I have tried 2.02 and 3.1
release kernels and they also halt after the kernel is loaded.

The NetBSD/vax page lists the model 95 as untested but hunting through
the archives I see reports of successful boots from back in 2002 so I'm
hoping that it is supported in current versions.

George