Subject: Re: Looking for CMD CQD-220A/TM QBUS SCSI info
To: Todd <markleyt@compusleuth.com>
From: George Harvey <fr30@dial.pipex.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/21/2006 09:49:56
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:41:37 +0000 (UTC)
Todd <markleyt@compusleuth.com> wrote:

> I have a uVax-III in a BA23 box and I am trying to add SCSI disk/tape
> support. I am told that the CMD controler, model CQD-220 or CQD-223,
> will work. I have found a place where I can buy one of these
> controlers, but without documation. I am looking for any hardware
> information about this CMD SCSI controler that I would need to get it
> working. Jumper settings, addresses, QBUS slot restrictions, and
> anything about scsi devices it supports.

I put a CQD-223 in my 4000/500A a couple of years ago with help from
this list. The thread includes jumper settings and other info that might
be useful, look in the archives for 'VAX 4000 QBUS question' on Dec. 16
2004.

One thing to watch out for is that I think these cards came in different
flavours, disk only, tape only and disk+tape. Mine supports both disk
and tape drives.

George