Subject: VAX netboot
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/27/2006 22:32:50
I discovered a 4000 VLC in the stacks of sparcs at freegeek and decided
to give it a home.

back in 1.4.x days I had my µVAX-II up and running for a few days, and I
figured I'd use the same process to get netbsd-3 running on the 4000
VLC.

I ended up having to rewind to 1.5.3 to get a working boot.mop and a
non-elf kernel that the working bootloader could grok.

looks like 1.6 tree introduced quite a bit of bitrot, but I'm guessing
the simulators can grok an ELF kernel directly?

diggity dig dig...

              "silly brewer, saaz are for pils!"  --  virt