Subject: Re: current port-vax status
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: A. Wik <aw@aw.gs>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/13/2006 11:02:34
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 04:16:53AM +0000, A. Wik wrote:
> >
> > As for Slackware, it's the Linux to choose if you ever need one.
>
> http://crux.nu/wikka.php?wakka=Home
>
> *that* is the linux of choice, especially for folks like us. :)

BSD-style init-scripts and simple .tar.gz-based packages?
The same phrase could be used to describe Slackware.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if NetBSD (and FreeBSD)
still had BSD-style init-scripts.  But of course, that would
look exceedingly primitive in comparison with state-of-the-art
technologies such as the Microsoft(R) Windows(R) registry.

-aw