Subject: AW: current port-vax status
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Buckel, Bernhard <Bernhard.Buckel@med.uni-heidelberg.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/17/2006 12:48:10
Nice :)=20

<Nitpick> May I kindly add that booting from the SCSI controller in a =
MV2000 works well for VMS but fails for NetBSD due to bootblock =
problems? A while ago we pathed the ROM in my MV2000 and got exactly =
that result (and to the best of my knowledge nobody fixed that)... So: =
SCSI works well (I even have a DMA-capable kernel that is handcrafted by =
ragge) but the kernel should be netbooted... </Nitpick>

If I=B4m wrong please accept my sincere apologies and sorry for the =
waste of b/w!

Cheers,

Bernhard

Ps:
Okay, if I find time this weekend, I=B4ll dig out the VAX in a wine =
cask!