Subject: Re: current port-vax status
To: Nathan Schepers <nathan.schepers@gmail.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/2006 09:46:09
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Nathan Schepers wrote:

> Fair enough, and I suppose I should have expected that.  :)  It wasn't
> then either, though, and it *was* a good little community.  I was just
> looking for an interesting and obscure project to work on in my spare
> time.  If there's not much here these days, perhaps there's another
> architecture that I should set my sights on.  Any ideas?

 	There seems to be two main types of NetBSD vax users - those
 	who run current and have possibly never installed a release
 	in their life, and those who have an older (1.4, 1.6) release
 	which they keep because of the lower memory requirements.

 	There are still good numbers of people (or is that numbers
 	of good people), lurking on the list, and as the world turns
 	today I expect a couple of them will chime in...

 	I'd definitely suggest trying to install the latest version.

 	If you have time to spare then looking at the netboot issue
 	could be a very helpful place to start:

 	http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.ports.vax/4260