Subject: Core VAXstation components
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: A. Wik <aw@aw.gs>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/2006 03:33:50
A while ago I acquired a couple of VAXstation 4000-90
motherboards with memory, only because I rather not
miss the opportunity.

I haven't had the time to seriously research how to
build fully functional workstations from them, but
does anyone have ideas?  Especially with regard to
suitable and readily available materials.

I know just about any SCSI-disk would work (I'm
using a 9 GB IBM LVD drive + suitable adapter for
my current VAXstation 4000-60), but what about
cases and power sources?

I'm assuming the diagnostics card with the LEDs and
speaker is just a nice feature, and not otherwise
vital and also that is would be a simple matter to
implement some of the functionality by hooking up
a PC-speaker and perhaps a PC reset switch to serve
as the HALT button.  Correct me if I'm wrong...

-aw