Subject: VLC Disk Boot - Getting closer
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <wysoft@extremecode.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/20/2005 00:06:18
I'm almost there. I managed to install 2.1, but now even after installing
multiple versions of the bootblocks, I can't get it to boot from "DKA200".
The drive is a Fujitsu drive, and seems to work fine. I don't know if
that's an issue.

I read some past posts to the lists (see "4000 VLC Disk Boot Problems",
Dec 2002) and noted that there are also problems with the disk boot
blocks. Okay then. I tried installing 'sdboot' from 1.5 onto /dev/sd0c and
placed the 1.5 'boot' in the root partition. That still gives me the "83
BOOT SYS" error when trying to boot from DKA200.

Am I missing something? I tried these 'installboot' commands:

installboot -v /dev/sd0c sdboot
installboot -v -t raw /dev/sd0c sdboot

I also tried the same using the 'xxboot' block, though I'm not sure what
that block is for. It didn't work, either.

Any hints would be great.

-Jeff