Subject: Re: Error cross-compiling lib/libc/rpc/svc_vc.c
To: Johnny Billquist <johnny.billquist@softjar.se>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/10/2005 16:55:57
Johnny Billquist <johnny.billquist@softjar.se> writes:

> Ok. Here is a patch for the error you reported, Tom...

That way of doing it is cheating, you know!  :-)

> I don't know if this should be in the repository or not.

Not, I think.  It just looks too wrong.  ;-)  What I am thinking, by
now, is that it is impossible to keep the cast from dropping the
"__attribute__((__noreturn__))" with the version of GCC that we're
using on the VAX.  If I am right, it seems that the two only ways to
handle this is either to have a "#define __attribute__(x)" in some
suitable header file, #ifdef'ed for the VAX, or to tweak the warning
levels so this particular warning is turned off on the VAX, and on any
other port that uses an equally old GCC.

I'd say the latter -- the former disables other uses of __attribute__().

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.