Subject: Re: Anyone in UK got VAX boot CD for NetBSD V2.1?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Wickens <mark.wickens@valtech.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/22/2005 11:58:23
--nextPart1634759.cHPHp6cWup

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 20:31, you wrote:
> If you have broadband connection and another machine that could serve as
> MOP server you should just use MOP instead and install sets from FTP.
> The kernel image is ~2 MB, MOP, bootp and NFS are easy to set up once
> you are familiar with the caveats (=3D broken moploader in newer releass
> so you must use 1.5.3 version - just the moploader, do *NOT* use 1.5.3
> kernel/installation image). This way you avoid annoyances with finding
> the right CD drive + you've got a "rescue server" set up and working
> should you ever need it, saving you some headache :-)

Blaz,

I view that as a different type of headache :) However, I do appreciate tha=
t=20
netbooting is much more flexible in the long-term.

I'm presuming the MOP server could be on the internet? In which case, is th=
is=20
something you could do for me :)

Regards,

Mark (knowing I should really get round to setting up my SuSE 10 i386 box a=
s a=20
MOP/NFS server).
=2D-=20
Mark Wickens, Software Consultant, Valtech UK Ltd
Watch/CIB IT Support Team (EDS), DWP Lytham St Annes
Tel: 01253 334465 x64465 Mob: 07917 653012/07780 806787
Email: mark.wickens@valtech.co.uk