Subject: Re: SPXg support, last call
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/14/2005 19:02:54
Hello,

> Nice to get some traffic on the list :)
> I have a VS4000/90 I can try this on.

Please do. I have a feeling this is pretty much the last thing I'm going
to do re: Vaxen because I don't seem to have enough time for everything
anymore (and that's without a job :-/) so I want to do it right.

FWIW, looks like my enthusiasm has gotten the better of me; I've managed
to compile a kernel that won't boot anymore and for some reason
MOPbooting isn't working either (mopd sends the first stage loader
successfully and machine just restarts ?!). The 1.5.3 binary tree
doesn't seem to be around anymore so I can't even get ahold of a known
good first stage loader (the ones I tried are from 1.6.1 which I vaguely
seem to recall having installed once and 2.1; neither seems to work or
I'm doing something stupid). As my luck shall have it this is the only
functional machine with SCSI controller around so I can't even unplug
the disk and copy GENERIC kernel to it.

Since I haven't done this in a while I might be missing something. I've
done the following:

- set up mopd which appears to be working (according to its logs it
answers query and sends the 1st stage loader)
- set up NFS share of directory where kernel image is located
- set up dhcpd (hopefully correctly); when ran with -f switch it doesn't
mention receiving any requests or anything even though it's listening on
the right interface ?!

Am I missing somehing there ?

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!