Subject: None
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Gabriele Bozzi <mabuse68@gmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/27/2005 02:28:30
Hi all,

Newcomer, old problem (at least what I have been able to find
crawling around).

I have a 3100-10 (CPU KA41-D, ROM 263).

Connected a Quantum Fireball 540Mb on it:

 >>>SHOW DEV

VMS/VMB   ULTRIX   ADDR    DEVTYP   NUMBYTES   RM/FX   WP   DEVNAM   REV

DKA400     RZ4      A/4/0/00 DISK       545MB         FX
FIREBAL1Q09

Installed NetBSD 2.0 from CD (booting regularly from CD-ROM). To make
it simple: no X11, just one partition containing root and 128Mb
VirtualM.

Installation did perform without problems.

After installation was completed I restarted the system and issued:

 >>>BOOT DKA400

To boot from the hard disk but in place of a conforting list of boot
msgs I got:

?43 FILESTRUCT
84 FAIL

Same as with a larger drive (IBM 2gb). I read around about partition
limitations on the 3100 but my drive is 540Mb, it does not seem to
fall in this cathegory.

Any suggestions?

ThX in advance.

Gabriele