Subject: Re: RE: VERY slow ssh logins to uVAX
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/06/2005 16:25:40
[ On Thursday, May 5, 2005 at 20:16:40 (-0400), der Mouse wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: RE: VERY slow ssh logins to uVAX
>
> No, I won't run anything from ssh.com.  Since they went commercial I
> simply don't trust them enough.

That's too bad -- their freely available code has proven to continue to
be superior in many ways to the OpenSSH code other than just performance....

(that said though the other SSH implementations are finally catching up
and may become serious contenders for production use soon too, and IIRC
at least one can use a crypto library that doesn't require heavy
floating point calculations all the time)

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>