Subject: Re: VS 3100 SPX (SPGFX) testers wanted
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2005 22:25:06
Hello,

>   He's not the only one being busy.  I've got a fix or work-around for
> this and I haven't gotten around to running by Ragge yet.  I was also
> going to post my changes for this along with the graphics drivers.

Rhe scb_fake workaroudn is not a real solution - it's just that, a
workaround. That problem shoul be fixed correctly, by getting serial
comm hardware to send an interrupt. This is not a framebuffer which can
fake its interrupt capability because device *really* doesn't use
interrupts to function properly (the sync int it *could* trigger is
irrelevant in normal operation). Serial commm is nothing like that -
interrupts must be functioning properly or keyboard isn't going to work
so it should be done the right way, IMO.

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!