Subject: Re: ftp problems on NetBSD v2.0
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/20/2005 21:17:16
At 8:03 PM -0500 3/20/2005, James K. Lowden wrote:

>Any chance there are 100/10 Ethernet cards attached to the network?
>Sometimes their speed/duplex detection goes awry, leading to xfer rates
>that make dialup look fast.

     No, it's all 10 Mb, including a 10 Mb hub (3Com Office Connect
TPC 8). I get the same results whether I use the BNC port or the AUI
post with a LANcast 10 Base-T gadget. The same hardware gave me very
good rates of speed under NetBSD v1.52, which I used until recently.

     Best regards,
     M J Dowden

--
M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>