Subject: Re: How to make VaxStation 3100 automatically boot NetBSD?
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/10/2005 10:16:13
Hello,

> I have SET BOOT DKA100 (I'm using the SCSI 0 disk as the boot device),
> and in fact the NetBSD boot loader kicks in on startup. However, after
> counting down it just stops at the > prompt, and I still have to
> manually enter "boot netbsd".

There's also set halt command (you want a half level of 2 instead of 3).
Alas i think NetBSD clobbers that particular register on 3100 series so
it always resets back to 3. It works on 4000 series Vaxstations though,
shutdown -r will get system restarted there and shutdown -h will halt it
at >>> prompt.

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!