Subject: Re: pthread bug on NetBSD/vax-current?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/2005 18:14:58
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no> writes:

> Doing the same thing using 2.99.15 on i386, it runs without crashing.

Hmm.  Correction: if I run the program under gdb, I get the same thing
there.  I wasn't aware that pthreads programs couldn't run under gdb.
However, the point is, the program works on i386, and not on the VAX.
On the i386, the program returns 0, on the VAX, it crashes:

i386> cc -pthread -g -o thread thread.c
i386> ./thread
i386> echo $?
0
i386>

VAX> cc -pthread -g -o thread thread.c
VAX> ./thread
Segmentation fault
VAX> gdb thread thread.core
GNU gdb 5.3nb1
[...]
Core was generated by `thread'.
Cannot access memory at address 0x7f7f99e0
#0  0x7f7b71ec in ?? (Cannot access memory at address 0x7ed7ff60)
(gdb) info threads
* 1 process 66081 0x7f7b71ec in ?? (Cannot access memory at address 0x7ed7ff60)
(gdb)

Is this gdb and pthreads simply not working out together at all?

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.