Subject: Re: 2.0 isn't self-building
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/2005 13:00:50
<ragge@ludd.luth.se> writes:

> The emulation code for polyd is in place; I wrote it 5 years ago and
> Brandon Creighton did a bunch of cleanup and added emodd,  see
> vax/vax/unimpl_emul.S.  So I think it's some kind of bug in the
> emulation code that should be searched for.

"Oops."  How do we go about finding it?

Also, I'm running the regression tests for PostgreSQL 8.0.1 right now,
and they look good, except for this bit:

| SELECT 'NaN'::float8;
| server closed the connection unexpectedly
|         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
|         before or while processing the request.
| connection to server was lost

So, I wrote this little test program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
        double d;

        d = strtod("NaN", NULL);
        printf("%lf\n", d);
}

% cc -g -o test test.c
% gdb test
(gdb) run
Starting program: /u/tih/test
Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0x7f79ac38 in strtod (67512, 0) from /usr/lib/libc.so.12
(gdb) where
#0  0x7f79ac38 in strtod (67512, 0) from /usr/lib/libc.so.12
#1  0x7f7e26be in _rtld_bind_start (67512, 0) from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
#2  0x0001074c in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffe808, 2147477520) at test.c:7

:-(

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.