Subject: Re: 2.0 isn't self-building
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/01/2005 08:40:23
John Klos <john@ziaspace.com> writes:

> Any ideas?

I've just installed 2.0 on a 4000-500, and got lots of weird errors
("illegal instruction" from temacs when building Emacs, "internal
error" from gawk when building something else, "system error" from
something I don't recall, gunzip claimed checksum failures in known
good archives...), so I've now installed a cross-compiled -current.

The problems were repeatable, so probably (hopefully!) not hardware.

I'll post more as I experiment with -current.

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.