Subject: Re: ex/vi: terminal type unknown
To: rick copeland <trilliontwo@hotmail.com>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/02/2005 01:53:07
On Sat 01 Jan 2005 at 23:24:26 +0000, rick copeland wrote:
> I am running version 1.4Y (at least that is what it states at login) on a
> 3600.  If I log in as root at the console and respond to the "Terminal
> Type" as ansi, vt100 or unknown (or anything else for that matter) and then
> try to run vi I get the response "ex/vi: terminal type unknown".  How can I
> fix this so that I can use vi?

I noticed in the past at some time that the answer you give to that
question does not "take". So if you set the terminal type 'by hand' it
will work. set term=vt100 should do it, if root still has csh as its
shell.

> Trillion
-Olaf.
--
                           -- Ceterum censeo "authored[1]" delendum esse.
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- [1] Ugly English neologism[2].