Subject: Re: NFS problems on NetBSD 1.6
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@vaxpower.org>
From: Alex White <melt@microvax.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/28/2004 20:38:28
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Lord Isildur wrote:

> so, i don't have a ka660, but would it seem more generally the case that
> when small (or small of a specific size) packets are moved the right way
> this happens? does it seem to be a bug in the nfs code that only happens
> to show up in this specific configuration, or does it seem to be a bug in
> the ze code? does it only happen on a ka660? there are ze's on other newer
> (KA6[789]*) machines as well. I have a 4k600 i could try to duplicate
> this on, though that machine has run 1.6.1 very stably without trouble. i
> recall seeing when i was running 1.5M on it the xmit logid died message,
> but it didnt seem to be fatal.

It used to happen to me pretty-much whenever I netbooted. At the time I
was mostly using 1.5.2, and I found it fatal nearly all the time. The
machine would loop for an indeterminate amount of time, outputting "ze0:
xmit logic died" until it shook itself out of it, or I gave up and turned
the machine off. The machine used to live on a semi-busy home network with
3 users' Internet pakets passing on the same wire.

Sorry to be of such little help - the lack of repeatability or
identifiable triggers is what made me give up in the first place.

alex/melt