Subject: RE: Any way to EASILY remove a disk from a StorageWorks shelf?
To: 'Thomas Dzubin' <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Antonio Carlini <a.carlini@ntlworld.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/18/2004 06:40:49
> Does anyone know if there is an easy way "into" these shelves?  Or
> were they just assembled in a way that they were never meant to be
> disassembled and I just need to wedge a crowbar in there and let the
> plastic pieces fly?  :-)

I disassembled some years ago to get at the RZ29s so I could
mount them inside other machines. There are screws on the
bottom that you need to undo, then the upper and lower
halves separate. Once inside you simply remove the connector
from the back of the disk (there *may* be some screws holding
the disk to one of the halves of the shell, but I don't think
so).

Antonio

--=20

Antonio Carlini arcarlini@iee.org