Subject: Problems installing php4 on a VS4000/60
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Charles H. Dickman <chd_1@nktelco.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/07/2004 18:44:13
I am trying to get my web pages back on a VAX.

I have been using a VS4000/60 as my web server for a couple of years. I
botched a changed of disk drives and ended up moving my web server to a
NetBSD/i386 machine that I use as a disk server.

I want to get my web server back on the VAX.

I made a clean install of 1.6.2 without a hitch. When I try to install
php4 from the packages, a floating point exception occurred during the
install of pear. That install is done by a php program. There is a core
dump, and with gdb the core shows that the exception was in the middle
of a vax CALLS instruction... All I really know about vax guts is what I
have read in books... :-(

Has anybody else tried this?
Could it be a problem with VAX_fp vs IEEE_fp?
Do I need to abandon the VAX web server for a PC? :-(

-chuck