Subject: Re: Looking for various LCSPX model strings
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/17/2004 18:13:31
Hello,

Does anybody happen to run VMS on their VS4000/9x with LCSPX ? If you
happen to have VMS running *in color* (that is with multiple colors
showing up on the screen at the same time, like in DECwindows please
press HALT button (to break to console and send me the result of the
following:

>>> d 38000000 aa55ff33

>>> e 38000000

Writes to LCSPX framebuffer are apparently masked (with 0x01) and due to
total lack of docs on LCSPX i don't know how to change the plane mask. I
can plot a rectangle of any color (using HW) but i can't scribble
directly through framebuffer memory with anything but 0 and 1
(everything else gets masked away). Using set rectangle function means
setting 20 or so registers so it's not a viable replacement for
scribbling through framebuffer directly when only one pixel is to be
changed.

FWIW, i already tried the second framebuffer region (at 0x38800000) but
it's masked as well, unlike LCG where there was non-masked region
following plane masked one.

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!