Subject: Re: Bootstrapping current?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/08/2004 20:25:40
On Fri, 7 May 2004, John Klos wrote:

> How are people currently bootstrapping current? I tried to get the sets
> from releng from 200403170000, but they don't boot (hangs where init
> should start). I tried using a -current kernel on a release userland, then
> chrooting to a -current userland, but that didn't work, either.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions and / or a snapshot which works? The VAX
> I'm running this on, BTW, is a 4000/60.

  This would probably be due to a bad /libexec/ld.elf_so, which has been
fixed, but after the last autobuild of -current.  I think a snapshot from
Februrary 19 or earlier may work.

  When I ran into this, I was able to boot using /rescue/init and
/rescue/sh, and then copy an older ld.elf_so off another disk.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant