Subject: Re: LCG autodetection figured out completely
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/31/2004 11:44:52
Hello,

I'm still waiting for replies of owners of VS 4000 VLC boxes; guys with
model 60 were kind enough to reply, what's stopping you ? :)

> Instructions below are simple enough, if you can't do basic boolean
> maths in your head please use a piece of paper or a calculator
> and contact me directly with results for your box (whether it works or
> not and what kind of LCG and resolution you're using).
>
> For VLC:
>
> logically AND the value returned with 0x07 (= disregard everything but
> lowest three bits) to get value v1

> logically AND the value returned with 0x80 (disregard all but 7th bit)
> to get value v2
>
> v1, v2 = LCG type:
> 0x05, irrelevant = 1280x1024 @ 8bpp
> 0x06, 0x80 = 1024x768 @ 8bpp
> 0x06, 0x00 = 640x480 @ 8bpp
> 0x07, 0x80 = 1024x768 @ 8bpp
> 0x07, 0x00 = 1024x864 @ 8bpp

Please contact me with values displayed by e 200f0000 and e 20020000
commands for your system for ALL resolution modes supported by your
system (HR model only supports one mode, LR models support two modes
which can be switched manually using an internal switch (read the manual
for more info, they're avaliable as PDF files and can be foudn with
Google); that means 2 sets of results for LR models and 1 set of results
for HR model. I need these results to cinfirm that the table above is
correct so autodetection can be properly implemented in LCG driver and
driver be finished and submitted to main tree.

Thank you for cooperation, you're doing this for yourself you know :-)

Offtopic: only one person that conatcted me so far has dual head LCG in
their model 60. Is there any interest in dual head framebuffer driver at
all ?

Blaz Antonic