Subject: Re: Vaxstation 4000/60 LCG and keyboard, progress report & help
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/09/2004 22:45:35
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Brian Chase wrote:

> Or possibly those people with VS4000/60 and VLC systems don't have
> displays or display cables to use with their VAXen.  I'd certainly
> be interested in trying it out on my VLC if I had a display.
>
> -brian.

  I haven't been able to do anything dealing with the pmax or vax graphics
display at home (where I've got more time for the debugging required)
lately, since the only monitor I had that did Sync-on-Green died a couple
of years ago.

  I was looking around for a solution to the monitor problem (and I didn't
really want to buy more monitors if I didn't need to) and found a company
based here in Bozeman that makes a sync separator that worked quite well
for me.  It does cost $50US, so it's not exactly cheap, but I'm not sure I
could build one that works as well.  The company is Software Integrators.
The web site is http://www.si87.com and the sync separator is Adapter
7053.

  I took one of the cables I had, cut off the BNC connectors and connected
the cable to an HD-15 femail connector.  I can now use several different
monitors on my VAXstations and DECstations, and can get back to playing
with them.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant