Subject: Re: ld.elf_so
To: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/09/2004 11:28:59
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Anders Hogrelius wrote:

> It seems to be something that's affected more platforms than VAX. There's
> a similar thread on the port-Alpha list that seem to have started about
> the same time. It doesn't seem to affect the i386 platform though.

Unless I misunderstood that thread (assuming we're thinking of the same
one), the Alpha thread is about performance problems in ld.elf_so in the
stable release. Appearantly -current have much better performance.
But neither have suffered the total breakdown that just happened on VAX.

It's plain broken.

	Johnny