Subject: Re: RL device driver
To: Patrick Finnegan <pat@computer-refuge.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/2004 14:04:26
On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 12:51:06PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> It looks like there's some problems with the NetBSD/VAX driver for RL
> controllers... trying to use it with my RLV12 and RL02 drive, it appears
> to get back 'bad data', like it's not doing the DMA correctly.  Has anyone
> else run into this?
I did some experiments with a RL02 and a RLV11 in my VAX 4000-400 last
summer. It didn't work well and I got several kernel panics. So I can
confirm that there is somthing wrong with the RL02 driver. I didn't
investigate this as I plan to use the RL02 with my PDP-11/73 and 2.11BSD.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen