Subject: Re: Vaxstation 4000/60 LCG and keyboard, progress report & help needed
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/2004 16:29:15
Hello,

One vital bit of information i forgot to mention in my last post
regarding LCG driver - i use serial console to boot the machine. Use S3
switch to set it to serial terminal, NOT glass tty !!! My only attempt
with glass tty enabled ended in keyboard beeping like mad for minutes
and then i gave up and restarted whole thing (as reported to the mailing
list a couple of months ago).

Kernel will NOT output anything to your monitor while booting, first
output you will get to see is the color bar (if you don't #define
NO_EXPERIMENTAL in lcg.c) or the login prompt (if you do #define
NO_EXPERIMENTAL).

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!