Subject: RE: Found DEC branded AU, need specs
To: 'der Mouse' <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/19/2004 00:41:50
Hello (again) from Gregg C Levine
And that one, that DESTA device, is what I have here. Which is why I
started this thread. By the way, der Mouse, do you have anything
resembling documentation on it?=20

It seems that even though I know enough about Ethernet, and something
about the AUI concept, courtesy the book by Spurgeon on the Ethernet
concepts, that's the one bit of documentation I don't have. As for
cables, if you don't need them, I would also be glad to take them off
your hands. We've got a project starting in about a week, that's based
on the AUI, and we've only got two of them. We need about six. (Those
AUI devices by the way, aren't from DEC, they're from another
company.)
-------------------
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."=A0 Obi-Wan Kenobi

On
> Behalf Of der Mouse
> Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2004 11:09 PM
> To: port-vax@NetBSD.org
> Subject: Re: Found DEC branded AU, need specs
>=20
> >> All the thicker AUI cables I remember working with were blue, all
> >> the thinner ones were a cream colour (slightly lighter than the
> >> typical thinwire colour).
> > I've played with thick aui cables that were blue, grey, white and
> > believe black...
>=20
> I'm fairly sure I once saw one that was orange, too.
>=20
> > The thin aui cables have all been grey, or perhaps you could say
> > cream.  They've all been for DEUNA/DELUA or DEQNA/DELQA though,
from
> > the card to the external aui connector.
>=20
> I have a bunch of thin AUI cables which mostly came from Suns, and
they
> come in two colours.  One is a light grey, about the colour of your
> typical off-white plastic computer case (like one of the
lunchbox-size