Subject: Found DEC branded AU, need specs
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/17/2004 17:34:47
Hello from Gregg C Levine
Here's how it happened. I visit a store in the Canal Street district
of Manhattan perhaps four times a month. This time I stopped in there,
and went over their collection of electronics salvage. I'd already
obtained a batch of AUIs made by Synoptics, and two designed by AMP,
from the same place so this one was to be expected.

 It has the Digital trademarked name on it, and the word DESTA on it,
in capital letters. And then the usual model number, and serial
numbers, I'll spare them from the list. Does this particular gizmo
ring any bells for anyone on the list? I might add, that it is an AUI
configured to be attached to a 10BASE network using coax from the
traditional AUI attachment (DB15) connector.=20

For those two AMP designs, I am trying to find the plug in attachments
that do the same thing for them, that this one does for the DEC part.
Coax connector leaving at a straight end from the casing. I do not
have any kind of specifications on the DEC unit, so that would be the
reason for this message. The usual caveats apply, including writing to
me personally, and to the list. I'll leave off the personal feelings
regarding the staff at the store, and way they react to what I buy,
and the fact that most of the time I know what it is.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."=A0 Obi-Wan Kenobi