Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_Booting_problems_=B5Vax_III?=
To: Timo Hofmann <timo.hofmann@web.de>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/2004 13:27:21
On Jan 14, 2004, at 6:41 AM, Timo Hofmann wrote:
> I've got a problem booting my MicroVax III.
> Turning on the power the LED display on the cpu patch panel always
> halts in "C" position. The Vax runs with a KA650BA CPU and 16MB Ram. I
> replaced both, checked the connector cable but the VAX still refuses
> to work.
> Has anyone some good advice what to do now?

   Are you sure it's not just testing memory (which may take a while)?
I don't recall which test is which, but it might sit there for a while
on a few of them.  How long have you left it at "C"?

   That said, one of the big deals about the KA650 is that it tests
memory so much faster than the KA630 due to some interleaving scheme,
if memory serves.

       -Dave