Subject: Re: KZQSA support
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Lyle Bickley <lbickley@bickleywest.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/09/2004 15:26:35
On Friday 09 January 2004 14:17, you wrote:
> Lyle Bickley wrote:
> > In addtion, the KZQSA is limited to a two SCSI drive "load" - and DEC is
> > not kidding - I've tried more drives and it becomes error prone.
>
> How did you test/check this ? I don't see anything on this board which
> would prevent to use more than two devices.

I can't remember which, but the manual and/or datasheet for it says "two".

Of course, I figured it was a marketing gimmick, and attempted to ignore it -
after all, as SCSI bus is a SCSI bus...  Well, I tried active and passive
termination, multiple drive combinations (SCSI I, SCSI II, etc.) - and found
that it "marginally" runs two devices.  Apparently the drive circuits are
just not adequate for more.

Lyle
--
Lyle Bickley