Subject: Re: Native build of NetBSD -current.
To: Gordon Zaft <gordonzaft@yahoo.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/31/2003 18:46:31
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Gordon Zaft wrote:

>  Thanks for the detailed info, I've saved it in my
> "important info" file.

There are one or two things I might comment upon later, but it's basically
a good description.

>  One followup question -- am I right in thinking that
> one has to be running -current in order to natively
> build -current?  I.e. you can't natively build current
> from 1.6.1?  I seem to remember much discussion about
> this but I don't remember if that was the final
> conclusion or not.

In this case yes. The reason is that gcc-vax was broken until very
recently. This causes it to fail on texinfo. You either get a currected
gcc, or temporarily patch texinfo until you have a -current gcc.

If you do a cross-compile, it will work, since this was specifically in
gcc-vax, which didn't show on a cross-compile.

	Johnny