Subject: Re: First attempt at a VAX -current build
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/09/2003 21:52:27
At 11:18 PM -0500 12/9/03, Brian Chase wrote:
>On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Greg Oster wrote:
>
>>  Me too, apparently.  My "boot.mop-1.4X-VS4000" isn't sufficient to
>>  netboot a new kernel, and the new "boot" file doesn't work either :(
>>  (And I'm not sure what all is involved in creating a boot.mop-type
>>  file...)
>
>Since the 1.6 release, the second stage bootloader is being compiled as
>an ELF binary instead of as an a.out binary.  Along with that, there was
>a change from using mopa.out to convert the bootloader to MOP format to
>a new util named mopcopy which is supposed to do the same for a.out and
>ELF binaries.  Well, mopcopy is broken, or at least it was the last time
>I checked.

mopd can read ELF binaries directly.

matt@netra> file /tftpboot/mop/boot.mop
/tftpboot/mop/boot.mop: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Digital VAX,
version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/