Subject: Re: First attempt at a VAX -current build
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/08/2003 10:51:50
For what it's worth, I've made the changes needed so that you can do a
build with GCC 3.3.2.  Since GCC 3.3.2 doesn't have support for producing
PIC code, the system will built and linked entirely static.  This causes a
huge increase in program size.  As I expected, GCC 3.3.2 has major problems
generating valid VAX code.

If you want, you can do a GCC3 build for VAX but you won't have working
programs.  To do this, you use these options with build.sh:

	 -V HAVE_GCC3=yes -V CHECKFLIST_FLAGS=-m

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/