Subject: RE: Building current...
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/07/2003 08:31:18
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Gregg C Levine wrote:

> I imagine that each release of the i386 branch is built native. The
> same goes for nearly every single working port in the lists, but what
> about the VAX? Johnny, you're more familiar with that area, then I
> know I am, can you confirm that side of things?

Confirm what? That the VAX-port isn't built natively regularly? That I can
confirm. I usually do builds of -current now and again (on the 8650), and
hits snags that the core group don't notice.
But thats about the extent of it. I play in my private little pond, trying
to contribute what I can, but I usually send what I find to ragge.

> The same for you,
> Brian. Incidentally, gang, it's rather late for this side of the pond,
> so please excuse me, if any of this seems peculiar. The usual rules
> apply regarding replies, and such like. Also please send all
> complaints and even complements directly to me.

Late??? Heck, it's half past eight and I guess I really should go home now
and hit the sack.
I changed the Unibus box on my 8650, discovered that I probably didn't
need to, fooled around some with the TOY, have been running a backup on my
11/70, and have about a one-hour trip to get home.

	Johnny