Subject: Re: Building cross-compiler on non-NetBSD system ?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/26/2003 11:07:13
On 2003.10.25 12:05 Dan McMahill wrote:

> the asprintf thing has been fixed in the last week or so.  I've filed
> a handful of PR's just lately which will get you as far as building
> the release sets (but that step still fails) for i386 on a
> solaris-2.6/sparc with gcc-2.95.1 host.
This sounds promising. Thanks for that work. I will update my source
and see what I get with it under IRIX. There are other issues with IRIX
like a non-POSIX /bin/sh and there is no (real) vfork(2) - also needed
my make. Fortunately IRIX compilers produce LP32 binaries by default,
so I have hope that there are no LP64 issues. It would be great to be
able to buil NetBSD on my 300 MHz R12k Octane. (Ewww, now I need a dual
CPU Octane. ;-) )
--

tschüß,
           Jochen