Subject: RE: XMI Adapters Handbook
To: 'port-vax' <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini@iee.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/25/2003 10:44:36
I tried replying directly but it failed like this:
>    Recipient: <schadow@gusw.net>
>    Reason:    5.7.1 <schadow@gusw.net>... Relaying denied

Maybe I was wrong earlier this year when I thought that
"bqt"'s email system was rejecting ntl - maybe simply
mentioning his name is enough. Let's hope I've been
sufficiently circumspect to get through :-)

> Hi, has anyone of you downloaded the XMI Adapters Handbook
> PDF that was once available under
>
> http://www.update.uu.se/~bqt/vax7000/XMIADHB.PDF

My recollection is that it's too
big for email, so I can ftp it to you if you have
an ftp site somewhere.

> Reason I'm asking is that I want to know which of the newere
> XMI boards I can use with the VAX6000s. I have the SCSI board
> but that doesn't seem to work. So, would the CIXCD board
> work? Or the DEMNA?

The SCSI one is Alpha only (and may be too new to be in
the handbook anyway). DEMNA certainly works on VAX, as
does CIXCD (although you may need VAX-firmware vs Alpha-firmware
for that one ... I don't recall).

Antonio

--

Antonio Carlini             arcarlini@iee.org